We’re joined by science enthusiast and advocate, Rose DF (@_Astro_Nerd_), to chat about our passion for science and space, her struggles and experiences on her journey into STEM, and her science communication projects (like ChickTech).
About Our Guest:
Born and raised in Hispaniola, Rose DF has always looked up towards the stars in pursuit of outer space and science. In the absence of female role models during her youth, she grew up to become her own and representation in STEM continues to be one of her main passions. Rose has a unique way of inspiring people to get excited about science and STEM inclusivity through various science communication platforms, like her Twitter. She is currently pursuing a biophysics program in New York, but she’s an avid lover of every field of science.
Links & Resources:
- Stories in Science Interview with Rose DF
- Contribute to the Wikipedia page on Dominican Female Scientists & read about:
- Idelisa Bonnelly (marine biologist) who founded the Institute of Marine Biology and the Dominican Foundation for Marine Research
- Aída Mencía Ripley (psychologist) who is the UNESCO Chair on Social and Academic Inclusion for People with Disabilities and Special Education Needs and Dean of Academic Research at the Iberoamerican University of the Dominican Republic (UNIBE)
- Get Involved With ChickTech! Check out their website & follow them on Twitter.
Speeches sampled in the show's introduction are found in the public domain and used under fair use for educational purposes - find out more here. All music tracks are attributed to Kevin MacLeod and are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/. The Synapse Science Podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.