We top off the first season of the podcast with an interesting look into how science and art can work together to create a greater understanding of our planet, culture conservation, and engineering technology.
The podcast will be back after a short break with Season 2, featuring even more science and a few exciting surprises, as well. If there are any science-related stories you'd like to hear on the podcast and/or if you know of some interesting scientists & science communicators that would be ideal guests for the show, let us know! In the meantime, be sure to check out our Twitter for more updates and while you're jamming on social media, give us a like on Facebook to show us you care.
- Atmospheric clues in landscape paintings (Article | Press Release)
- Mass spectrometry in art conservation (Article)
- Study of the GC-MS determination of the palmitic-stearic acid ratio for the characterisation of drying oil in painting: La Encarnación by Alonso Cano as a case study (Scientific Article)
- Frances Hodgkins restoration at the Auckland Art Gallery (Media Release | Article)
- Self-cleaning paint (Scientific Article | Press Release)
Sound effects used in this episode are from www.freesfx.co.uk.
Music used in this episode (in order of appearance): "Marty Gots A Plan" // "Dreamy Flashback" // "Artifact" // "Bass Walker" // "Frost Waltz" // "Disco Medusae". All music tracks are attributed to Kevin MacLeod and are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
All audio clips included in the podcast are used for nonprofit, educational purposes.
The Synapse Science Podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.